Every Saturday Larry and I head for the Bountiful Basket drop off and today was no different. What is different is the new surprise we find each time. Sometimes we are pleasantly surprised and other times we wonder what to do with it? Here’s the little routine I go through when we get home, which varies slightly from week to week.
1. Separate the refrigerated items from the non-refrigerated.
2. Wash the leafy greens, put them in a zip-lock and put in the refrigerator. (They wilt quickly.)
3. Shuck the corn for roasting later and put in the refrigerator.
4. Chop up anything else that needs it and store in zip-locks in the refrigerator.
5. Make a mental note about what recipes I can make this week to jot down later.
6. Give away the giant cucumber to someone who will eat it.
7. Google, “How to Cook an Artichoke?”
I’ve always thought of artichokes as the lobster of vegetables . . . a lot of work for a little meat. Don’t get me wrong I love to cook with artichokes, but I always pick them off the shelf at the grocery store. So, I’m off to find a good recipe using fresh artichokes. Wish me luck or share your artichoke recipe . . .